When World War II ended in 1945, the wage and price controls imposed during the war ended as well. A young Arthur J. Rogers asked his employer, the Lifesaver Company, for a well-deserved raise. Much to his chagrin his employer refused. Mr. Rogers then decided it was time to move forward and start his own business. He developed a heating and air conditioning company that, while successful in its own right, soon branched out into speculative commercial real estate development.
Throughout the next 65 years Mr. Rogers' commitment to quality developments, creating value for his investors and tenants, and protecting his most precious asset – his reputation – would define the man, his company and his way of doing business. When Mr. Rogers began Arthur J. Rogers & Co., most of the Chicago suburbs were little more than prairie. Interstate 294 was only just underway and Orchard Place (what eventually became O'Hare International Airport) was a landing strip for a Douglas Aircraft manufacturing plant. However this was not to be the case for long, Mr. Rogers became an early pioneer in developing office buildings in the O'Hare Area. In fact, by 1970 he had developed the O'Hare Office Center, O'Hare Lake Office Center, and Rogers Industrial Park in Elk Grove Village all of which totaled more than 1.7 million square feet of new commercial property. By the end of his career, Mr. Rogers developed more than five million square feet of property throughout the Chicagoland market, leaving an indelible mark in the history of this great region.
Throughout his tenure, Mr. Rogers demonstrated his undeterred personal commitment through his willingness to risk his reputation to develop projects he believed in, even in tough times. Mr. Rogers' vision continues to drive the firm today, led by the foundation of exceptional talent he brought into the firm. Yet perhaps Mr. Rogers' more enduring legacy is the ever-present commitment to ethics, integrity, hard work and customer service that permeates every deal ever done and ever project undertaken.
Highlights of Arthur J. Rogers' career
- Formed partnership to build 50 homes in Park Ridge (1950-54)
- Moved offices to Des Plaines and built first speculative office facility (1960)
- Developed O'Hare Office Center (1964)
- Developed O'Hare Office Center North (1966)
- Began development of Rogers Industrial Park in Elk Grove Village (1968)
- Developed 264-door, off-site cargo terminal for O'Hare Airport in Des Plaines (1979)
- Developed upscale residential properties of The Shires of Inverness in the late 1970s
- Developed high image, flexible office and light industrial properties in: Buffalo Grove (405,000 sf); Mount Prospect (127,000 sf); Vernon Hills (281,000 sf); Elgin (252,000 sf).
When World War II ended in 1945, the wage and price controls imposed during the war ended as well. A young Arthur J. Rogers asked his employer, the Lifesaver Company, for a well-deserved raise. Much to his chagrin his employer refused. more
Mr. Schmitz joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 1969 and directs the firm's overall operation. He has more than 40 years of commercial and industrial real estate experience, and is involved in all phases of corporate real estate services including receiverships, development, leasing, sales, asset management, investments and syndications.Major Accomplishments:
- Oversees operation of more than five million square feet of commercial and industrial properties in the Chicago suburban corridors.
- Has been involved in over two million square feet of distressed commercial properties for large institutions with a success rate of 100%.
- Has negotiated new, renewal and expansion leases for both industrial and commercial properties in Cook, Lake, Kane and DuPage Counties.
- University of Michigan, Education Programs and Seminar
- Business Leadership Program
- Business Enhancement Skills
- Negotiating to Win
- Loyola University, two-year Real Estate Program (BOMI), RPA Certification
- Real Property Administrator designee – Building Owners & Managers Institution
- Past President, Building Owners and Managers Association
William G. Schmitz
Mr. Schmitz joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 1969 and directs the firm's overall operation. He has more than 40 years of commercial and industrial real estate experience, and … more
Mr. Napue joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 2012, after spending nearly 20 years heading teams of analyst and accounting departments for some of the leading real estate firms headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area. His responsibilities include commercial banking, mortgage banking and treasury functions as well as financial analysis, budgeting and maintaining limited partner relationships. Mr. Napue also establishes financial statement and income tax policies, property and health insurance evaluation and placement, prospective tenant credit evaluation, and the maintenance of computer systems for general ledger and property management programs. Mr. Napue received his Bachelors from Loyola University of Chicago with a concentration in Accounting and Finance.
Chief Financial Officer
Mr. Napue joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 2012, after spending nearly 20 years heading teams of analyst and accounting departments … more
Ms. Kennelly joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 1990, and directs the firm's AutoCAD based Space Planning and Interior Design Department. Ms. Kennelly has more than 20 years experience in the design and space planning of commercial space. Her responsibilities include the creation of functional state-of-the-art office space that meets or exceeds clients' expectations and ensures long-term functionality. Ms. Kennelly also ensures that the life/work environments she creates are conducive to a productive and profitable work space.
On-time delivery and customer satisfaction are Ms. Kennelly's top priorities and the firm's clients rely on her, and the professional staff she oversees, for space planning finish selection, design coordination, and furniture selection. Ms. Kennelly has designed and planned space projects for such firms as, British Airways, DePaul University, Marriott Corporation, Xerox Corporation and TCF National Bank.
Ms. Kennelly received a Bachelor of Education degree from Southern Illinois University, and an Associate's degree in Interior Design from Harper College. She is also a licensed Interior Designer in the state of Illinois. Ms. Kennelly is a Board Member of the Chicago Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), and she has achieved the prestigious National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) where she has served on the National NCIDQ Board of Qualifications Jury since 1999.
Executive Vice President/Partner
Ms. Kennelly joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 1990, and directs the firm's AutoCAD based Space Planning and Interior Design Department. more
Ms. Rogers joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 1977 and is responsible for the sales and leasing of industrial and office properties. She is experienced in working with institutions, investment groups and property owners and tenants. She has assisted many owners and tenants in build-to-suits as well as the repositioning or disposition of industrial buildings, vacant land and office buildings.
Ms. Rogers graduated from Drake University in 1974 with a degree in Journalism. In 1981, she was the 4th woman in Illinois to receive the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation from the National Association of Realtors, one of the highest designations given to individuals specializing in commercial/industrial real estate. In 1997 she received her Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) designation. She is also active in:
- The CORE Network Board of Directors – 2002-present
- Private Industry Council of Northern Cook County (PIC) Board of Directors 1992-1996
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIREB)
- Northern Illinois CCIM Chapter President in 1989, Officer 1987-1990, Active on the Board of Directors from 1983-1991
- Real Estate Marketing National Institute (REMNI)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP) Board of Directors – 1992
- Chicago Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Founding member 1988, Membership Committee 1994-1995, Program Committee 1996
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Real Estate Consortium (REC) Board of Directors – 1989
- National Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives (NACORE) – 1994
- Society of Office and Industrial Realtors (SIOR) – 1996-present
- Ms. Rogers has represented clients in over $250 million worth of real estate transactions.
- Below is a partial list of clients she has represented:
- Exel Logistics – 1,000,000 SF build-to-suit for lease
- WillowLake Centre – 63,000 SF – disposition of office building
- American National Bank – successful disposition of three environmentally challenged REO industrial buildings and 14-acre land site totaling approximately 370,000 SF.
- Merchants Home Delivery Service – various transactions totaling over 300,000 SF, which included two build-to-suits
- GSA – 50,000 SF medical facility
- Exel/ Mercury- represented in a lease of a 450,000 SF distribution center in Joliet
- Albert H. Wohlers & Co. – purchase and build-out of a 58,000 SF office building and the sale of a 24,000 SF and 10,000 SF office building
- Pickford Records Management – sale and leasing of three properties totaling over 385,000 SF
- Ken Specialties – build-to-suit of a 25,000 SF manufacturing facility
- Allied Van Lines – Sale of 100,000 SF office building
- GRM- purchase of a 300,000 SF distribution building in Bedford Park
- Richstone, LTD, represented in the disposition of a 65,000 SF warehouse building in Wheeling
- DHL Express- represented them in the subleasing of a 60,000 SF distribution center in Chicago
- Ms. Rogers has been awarded:
- NICAR 1998 "Industrial Lease of the Year"
- SIOR 1998 "Largest Dollar Volume Cooperative Lease of the Year"
- NAIOP 1998 "Industrial Transaction of the Year"
Jeanne Rogers, CCIM, SIOR
Executive Vice President/Partner
Ms. Rogers joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 1977 and is responsible for the sales and leasing of industrial and office properties. more
Ms. Rogers joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 1982, and directs the firms general contracting and in-house construction trade employees. Ms. Rogers' 22 years of general contracting experience encompassing both major commercial and residential projects uniquely positions her to be able to deliver both small and multi-million square foot projects on-time, on-budget and on a value/quality level few can exceed.
Ms. Rogers' sees a project from concept through the planning and permitting, bid and bid qualification and award phase, contract administration and actual work completion. Her expertise extends to on-site field supervision, job logistics and trade mobilization insuring a smooth transition from concept to completed building. Her staff of in-house specialists and her construction skills ensure quality, completion, and on-budget performance for Arthur J. Rogers & Co. clients.
Her in-house staff of more than 35 skilled trades craftsman including carpenters, cabinets makers, electricians, drywall tapers, painters, and HVAC specialists allow for job efficiency, short notice mobilization, and quick turnaround – a value only Arthur J. Rogers & Co. can bring to a construction site.
Ms. Rogers received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Barat College. She is a licensed real estate salesperson in the state of Illinois, a member of the Chicago Association of General Contractors, and serves on the Board of Directors of the Arbor Creek Business Park.
Executive Vice President/Partner
Ms. Rogers joined Arthur J. Rogers & Co. in 1982, and directs the firms general contracting and in-house construction trade employees. Ms. Rogers' 22 years of general contracting experience encompassing both major commercial and … more